We are currently open to submissions for the Avon list. At Avon we publish some of the leading names in commercial fiction, including Sunday Times bestsellers C.L. Taylor, Scott Mariani and Sue Moorcroft, and digital chart toppers, Phillipa Ashley, Lorna Cook, Mel Sherratt and Mandy Robotham. If you have a commercial novel you think might be of interest to us, we’d love to see it.
Please email your full manuscript (as a Word document) to us, using the address firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information about you and your novel.
- Author name
- Book title
- Book genre
- Topline pitch (This should be no more than 250 words, summing up the concept of your book. Treat this like your cover blurb!)
Please note we can only accept fiction manuscripts at this time. We will try to respond to all submissions sent to us within 12 weeks.
Questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions below.
What font/size/spacing should my submission be?
- Ensure your story is legible, but we recommend no smaller than pt 12
- Please submit your story as a Word document
- Any font is acceptable, so long as it is legible, but we do recommend Times New Roman
- There is no need to double space your submission, single space is fine
- Please send us your full-length manuscript, this can be 60,000+
What information should I provide alongside my submission?
- A short author biography (aim for 100-200 words)
- Your social media links (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- A short synopsis/blurb about your book (aim for 250 words)
What are we looking for?
- We are a commercial fiction publisher looking for crime, thrillers, women’s fiction, romance, romantic comedy, historical fiction,saga and time-slip fiction.
- We unfortunately are not accepting non-fiction, children’s books, YA or teen, sci-fi or fantasy submissions at this time.
How soon will I hear back?
- We aim to get back to everyone within 12 weeks.
Do I have to pay for anything?
- We are a publisher and not a publishing service and therefore we will never ask you for any payment.
What kind of publishing contract do you offer?
- When we receive a manuscript via our open submissions that we would like to publish, we will offer the author what’s called a ‘digital-first contract’. This means that we won’t pay an advance to the author but we offer an escalating royalty on ebook copies sold. Like with other contracts, we will work with the author to edit their manuscript, get a designer to create a great commercial cover and distribute the ebook online while also making a ‘Print On Demand’ edition available through online retailers.